Category Archives: Tax

5 Things to Know About Claiming Child Care Expenses this Tax Season

child smiling best accountants help taxes on child care expenses

If you pay for your child to go to daycare, or for a nanny to look after them while you go to work or school, you may be able to claim child care expenses on your personal income tax return. The deduction is available to children up to the age of 16, and each child must meet CRA’s definition of an “eligible child”. Here are five things to know about claiming child care expenses this tax season:

The B.C. Employer Health Tax: Everything You Need to Know for 2019

medical doctor for employer health tax best accountant guide to eht

What is the Employer Health Tax? Do I need to register? The Employer Health Tax, or “EHT” is a new tax brought into B.C. by the Provincial Government, effective January 1, 2019. Employers no longer have a choice of whether or not they want to pay for MSP premiums on behalf of their employees – […]